One of my favorite muffin recipes!
Almond Banana Gluten Free Muffins
There is nothing worse than finding a great recipes, only to realize you are missing an ingredient in the kitchen. This muffin recipe is super quick to prepare, healthy, and you may already have all the ingredients at home.
3 cups almond meal
3 eggs, beaten
½ cup honey
2 mashed ripe bananas
1 tsp baking soda
¼ cup coconut oil
Mix ingredients together in bowl or Vitamix. Pour into muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, until muffins springs back to the touch.
Wanted to share this delicious and healthy meal our friends Sarah & Lando Juarez prepared for us last Sunday evening on their beautiful roof deck in the W. Village. What a perfect way to celebrate summer with our wonderful friends!
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (or 2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, in season)
- 2/3 Long, English Cucumber (Keep remaining 1/3 in reserve)
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 Serrano Pepper, de-stemmed, but no need to remove seeds (can add more to taste)
- 2 cups watermelon (seedless if possible; if you by the whole melon, it provides a reserve to add sweetness as you see fit)
- 3/4 loose cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup Sherry Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
Blend all of the above ingredients in a food processer or powerful blender. Add Salt and pepper to taste and blend once more.
1 lb. Grilled Shrimp (There’s always shrimp left over to snack on!).
Lando’s marinade: 1/4 Cup Olive Oil, Zest of 1 lemon, 1/2 Tsp. Coriander, 1/2 Tsp. Hot Paprika, 1/2 Tsp. Sweet Paprika. Grill 2 minutes per side over high heat.
Garnish with 1 Tbsp Feta Cheese, zested lemon (optional), and fresh Thyme
Serves 4. Enjoy this light and flavorful summer favorite!
Recently I was sent samples of Svelte and was pleasantly surprised with how much I like it! There are 4 different flavors to choose from (French Vanilla, Cappuccino, Spiced Chai, and Chocolate). I am very discriminating when evaluating a product and it does not pass my test unless it genuinely tastes good, I approve of all the ingredients, and the nutrition facts. In this case Svelte passed all my criteria.
- The ingredients are Organic, a major plus in my book.
- Doesn’t taste chalky, like many shakes.
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Contains Organic Soy, which supports a vegetarian and vegans diet.
- The 11oz container is 180 calories, has 5g of fiber and 11g protein.
- Recyclable shelf stable Terta-Pak.
- Throw in your your gym bag in the morning and enjoy over a cup of ice within 30 minutes of working out.
Remember, you only have 30 minutes after a workout to absorb the most carbohydrates which will prepare you for your next workout tomorrow.