Wanted to share this delicious and healthy meal our friends Sarah & Lando Juarez prepared for us last Sunday evening on their beautiful roof deck in the W. Village. What a perfect way to celebrate summer with our wonderful friends!
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (or 2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, in season)
- 2/3 Long, English Cucumber (Keep remaining 1/3 in reserve)
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 Serrano Pepper, de-stemmed, but no need to remove seeds (can add more to taste)
- 2 cups watermelon (seedless if possible; if you by the whole melon, it provides a reserve to add sweetness as you see fit)
- 3/4 loose cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup Sherry Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
Blend all of the above ingredients in a food processer or powerful blender. Add Salt and pepper to taste and blend once more.
1 lb. Grilled Shrimp (There’s always shrimp left over to snack on!).
Lando’s marinade: 1/4 Cup Olive Oil, Zest of 1 lemon, 1/2 Tsp. Coriander, 1/2 Tsp. Hot Paprika, 1/2 Tsp. Sweet Paprika. Grill 2 minutes per side over high heat.
Garnish with 1 Tbsp Feta Cheese, zested lemon (optional), and fresh Thyme
Serves 4. Enjoy this light and flavorful summer favorite!